Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
The Doctor of Business Administration (“DBA”) is a 120 ECTS credits (equivalent to 240 UK credits) program. The Doctor of Business Administration program equips senior business practitioners and high-potential individuals with both knowledges as well as the applied and research skills needed to become executive-level organizational leaders, industry innovators, consultants and policymakers. Students ethically address complex and practical business challenges and learn how to transform business practices to create organizational optimization, growth and sustainability.
Ability to plan and conduct research and evaluation studies with a clear purpose to improve educational lives of others and based on findings make recommendations to improve future educational practices. In designing this program, the prior qualifications and corporate experiences of participants are taken into consideration in order to ensure the program shall build on their prior knowledge and skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Use self-assessment, reflection, evaluation, feedback, and developments in theory and evidence-based practice to improve their ethical business practice in a variety of contexts
- Apply a deep understanding of relevant theory and practices to predict outcomes and create business solutions in a complex environment
- Communicate key issues effectively and creatively using numerical, graphical, oral, and written skills
- Conduct ethical research on business topics, based on critical analysis of academic research and professional practice, and communicate findings
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying systematic, rigorous research methodologies, design, and process when undertaking original research via the thesis requirement as part of the fulfillment to gain the doctorate award
The DBA taught modules are assessed through coursework, assignments, and/or work-based reports. The Thesis shall be between 20,000 and 30,000 words or between 40,000 and 45,000 depending on the route taken. There is also a mandatory Oral defense. Entry Requirements
- A Master’s degree qualification in any subject from a recognized institution; or
- A Professional qualification equivalent to a Master degree; and
- English language proficiency in order to participate in the program taught in English
The DBA has a total of 120 ECTS credits and there are two routes to a DBA degree
This route has taught modules, an unassessed research methods module, and a Thesis as follows:
|Taught Modules/Thesis||ECTS Credits|
|Finance for Managers||10|
|Managing Human Resource||10|
There is a mandatory oral defense of the Thesis
There is a more extensive ‘Thesis only’ route as set out below.
Marks Word Count Stage 1 Thesis Preparation N/A N/A Thesis Proposal 25% 4,500 – 5,000 Stage 2 Final Thesis 75% 40,000 – 45,000 Stage 3 Oral Defense N/A N/A
Stage 1 – Thesis Preparation
Student must undertake a Research Methodology module prior to commencing their thesis research or be exempted from it should students have already undertaken a similar or equivalent Research Methodology module prior to enrolling in the program.
Following the Research Methodology module students have up to three months to submit a Thesis Proposal for grading and approval before progressing to Stage 2.
A supervisor will be assigned to a student who, under the guidance of the supervisor, shall continue to work towards completing the Final Thesis.
Stage 1 should be completed in 4 months.
Stage 2 – Thesis Proposal Approval, Research, and Documentation
Stage 2 commences once the Thesis Proposal has been approved and graded and should be completed within 12-18 months.
Stage 3 – Oral Defense of Thesis
Once the supervisor has vetted the Thesis submitted by the student, the student must contact the Thesis Oral Defense Committee to arrange for the oral defense.